Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Playing with colour...

The dyeing bug has hit me again!  After a day at a friends place last week experimenting with colours I can't stop thinking about new colourways and getting them on to yarn.  Luckily I have plenty of undyed yarn here to keep me busy!  I love the whole process.  Dreaming up what colours to use, mixing them up, experimenting with different shades and testing them on the yarn.  Then, just going for it and seeing what eventuates!  There is nothing scientific about my dyeing method.  Anything but actually.  The best thing is, even if it does not turn out exactly how I planned, I usually still love the end result.  And if I don't, it's simple.  Back in the dye pot it goes! 

Here are some of my recent dye ups. 




Now, I just have to decide what I am going to knit with them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment