Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sunshine or snow?

I'm not quite sure what has happened to Spring.  I don't think the weather man knows either.  With sunshine one minute and snow threatening the next, I suppose it's just another typical Tasmanian day!  It is very chilly and wet today.  There is snow on the mountain , cold winds and lots of rain with odd moments of sun trying to break through.  I have the heater blasting, warm toes and cups of tea aplenty! 

Yesterday, I spent the day dyeing yarn down at a friends place.  With the dye pots bubbling and the children playing or sleeping happily, we looked out the window and there was a beautiful snow storm.  Big flakes falling and settling on the ground and cars.  I love watching snow falling.  There is something so magical and peaceful about it.  I wonder if I would like it so much if we lived with it all winter.  Having spent a winter in Germany when I was younger, I got a taste of continuous snow and minus temperatures and I must admit the taste was enough for my liking!  I like the excitement of occassional snow much more :)  I only wish I'd thought to take a photo yesterday before the rain came and washed it all away. 

As a knitter, I am grateful I live in a cooler climate!  I prefer moderate temperatures to the scorching heat.  Towards the end of winter however, I do look forward to summer where the weather is warmer and the days are longer.  So, what do you prefer?  Sunshine or snow? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - sounds amazing. I love the cold too - that means that all the snakes are in hibernation and it's safe to walk outside!! Enjoy the heaters and cuppas....sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete